The purpose of Midway Youth Ministries (MYM) is to expose students to the gospel of Jesus Christ, equip students with the understanding of the Lordship of Christ over all of life, and to exhort them to think Biblically and critically in their journey towards adulthood. All by the Grace of God. All for the Glory of God.
Sunday School – 9:45 am
Every Sunday, our Middle School and High School students gather in their separate rooms for instruction that is Bible-centered and Christ-exalting. We cover several different topics throughout the year that are age appropriate to the youth we serve. Our High School Sunday School class meets in the Youth Assembly Room and our Middle School class meets in the Berean Room (alongside the Fellowship Hall).
For more information email the youth intern, Ronny Hull; Ronny.Hull@midwaypca.org
- High School Girls, Mondays, 7:00pm-8:30pm @ The Daily Grind.This semester the girls are studying well-known hymns to not only learn the significance behind the creation of the hymn but also to study and better appreciate the rich theology being sung about.
- Middle School Guys Tuesdays, 3:15pm-4:30pm @ Midway’s Youth Assembly Room.
It’s easy for all of us to lose momentum in our personal Bible study. This overview of the Bible is intended to help familiarize the students with the Bible as a whole to create excitement, or at least help remove intimidation, for their personal Bible study.
- High School Guys Tuesdays, 7:30pm-9:00pm @ The Daily Grind.The men in this class are reading and studying the First Epistle of John. This letter is an encouragement for any Christian who may struggle with assurance and at the same time it challenges the reader to examine their lives so they may know whether they are walking in darkness or in the light.
Wednesday Night Youth Groups
On Wednesday Nights we gather together for a time of fellowship, worship through music, and teaching.
Meet in the Youth Assembly Room
- Middle School 6:25pm-7:15pm
- High School 7:00pm-7:45pm
Middle School Youth Activities
- Middle School “Grand Slams” – Meets in the Youth Assembly Room once a month (typically the 2nd Sunday of the month) for fellowship, food and teaching.
- Middle School Summer Retreat – A five day retreat to Camp Ridge Haven in North Carolina.
High School Youth Activities
- High School “Homeruns” – Meets at a Midway member’s home once a month (typically the fourth Sunday of the month) for fellowship, food and teaching.
- High School Spring Break Missions Trip
- High School RYM – Week long camp in Panama City Beach, Florida
- High School Fall Retreat
MYM Purpose Statement
- This ministry is to be covenantal in that it will be primarily aimed at the covenant children of this congregation.
- This ministry is to be relational in that personal contact between staff, volunteers, and students will be key to effective discipleship.
- This ministry is to be parental in that our goal is to assist, encourage, support, supplement and complement healthy family Christian nurture.
- This ministry is to be discipleship-oriented in that our goal is to see our young people become mature Christians rooted and grounded in grace.
- This ministry is to be ordinary means of grace-based in that through the ministry of the word, participation in the sacraments, and the life of prayer is the normal way God brings about growth in the Christian life.
- This ministry is to be missions-minded in that having received from the Lord the good news of the gospel and His grace,our young people go out to fulfill the great commission by being salt and light in the world.