The purpose of Midway Youth Ministries (MYM) is to expose students to the gospel of Jesus Christ, equip students with the understanding of the Lordship of Christ over all of life, and to exhort them to think Biblically and critically in their journey towards adulthood. All by the Grace of God. All for the Glory of God.
Summer 2018 Youth Newsletter
Sunday School – 9:45 am
Every Sunday, our Middle School and High School students gather in their separate rooms for instruction that is Bible-centered and Christ-exalting. We cover several different topics throughout the year that are age appropriate to the youth we serve. Our High School Sunday School class meets in the Youth Assembly Room and our Middle School class meets in the Children’s Assembly Room.
Each week we have boys and girls Bible studies that meet to further disciple our youth. The time and location of these studies can be found in the church bulletin or by emailing the youth intern Ronny Hull; Ronny.Hull@midwaypca.org
Wednesday Night Youth Groups start at NEW TIME, August 23rd, 6:30-7:15pm
On Wednesday Nights we gather together for a time of fellowship, worship through music, and teaching. We seek to teach through entire books of the bible, in order to learn more about our triune God, and our duty to Him.
Middle School Youth Activities
- Middle School “Grandslams” – Meets in the Youth Assembly Room once a month for fellowship, food and teaching.
- Middle School Spring Retreat – A weekend retreat in Tennessee.
- Middle School RYM – Week long camp in Panama City Beach, Florida
High School Youth Activities
- High School “Homeruns” – Meets at a Midway member’s home once a month for fellowship, food and teaching.
- High School Ski Trip
- High School Spring Break Missions Trip
- High School RYM – Week long camp in Panama City Beach, Florida
- High School Fall Retreat – Weekend retreat in Alabama.
MYM Purpose Statement
- This ministry is to be covenantal in that it will be primarily aimed at the covenant children of this congregation.
- This ministry is to be relational in that personal contact between staff, volunteers, and students will be key to effective discipleship.
- This ministry is to be parental in that our goal is to assist, encourage, support, supplement and complement healthy family Christian nurture.
- This ministry is to be discipleship-oriented in that our goal is to see our young people become mature Christians rooted and grounded in grace.
- This ministry is to be ordinary means of grace-based in that through the ministry of the word, participation in the sacraments, and the life of prayer is the normal way God brings about growth in the Christian life.
- This ministry is to be missions-minded in that having received from the Lord the good news of the gospel and His grace,our young people go out to fulfill the great commission by being salt and light in the world.