Student Ministry at Midway is aimed at teaching and applying the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We want to equip students with the understanding of the Lordship of Christ over all of life, to encourage them to think with biblical discernment as they grow up, and to have fun while we do it. All by the Grace of God.
This ministry is…
COVENANTAL in that it will be primarily aimed at the covenant children of this congregation.
RELATIONAL in that personal contact between staff, volunteers, and students will be key to effective discipleship.
PARENTAL in that our goal is to assist, encourage, support, supplement and complement healthy family Christian nurture.
DISCIPLESHIP-ORIENTED in that our goal is to see our young people become mature Christians rooted and grounded in grace.
ORDINARY MEANS OF GRACE-BASED in that through the ministry of the word, participation in the sacraments, and the life of prayer is the normal way God brings about growth in the Christian life.
MISSIONS-MINDED in that having received from the Lord the good news of the gospel and His grace, our young people go out to fulfill the great commission by being salt and light in the world.
Our Ministry Team
Damon is the interim Director of Student Ministry. He and his wife, Suzie, have been married since 1997 and have six children. Damon is a Social Studies teacher and coaches Cross Country at Praise Christian Academy in Powder Springs.
Katie is from St. Louis, MO. She is married to Jimmy Cooper and has worked in youth ministry at Midway since the fall of 2016. She graduated from Covenant College in 2013 with a degree in Middle School Education.
David is from South Carolina, is married to Katie, and has worked in youth ministry since attending college at Clemson University. He has pastored at Midway since 2017.
Sunday School – 9:45 am
Every Sunday, our middle school and high school students gather in their separate rooms for instruction that is Bible-centered and Christ-exalting. We cover several different topics throughout the year that are age appropriate to the youth we serve. Our high School Sunday School class meets in the Youth Assembly Room beneath the main sanctuary and our Middle School class meets in the Berean Room (alongside the Fellowship Hall).
Wednesday Night Youth Group – 6:30 pm
Every Wednesday our high school and middle school students meet together for fellowship, worship, and Bible study. This fall we are studying the book of Exodus and focusing on how it points to the greater deliverance in Jesus.
Middle School Activities
- Middle School “Grand Slams” – Meets in the Youth Assembly Room once a month (typically the 2nd Sunday of the month) for fellowship, food and teaching.
High School Activities
- High School “Homeruns” – Meet at a Midway member’s home once a month (typically the fourth Sunday of the month) for fellowship, food and teaching.
- High School Girls, Mondays, 7:00pm-8:30pm @ The Daily Grind. This August the girls are studying the Beatitudes. These characteristics and blessings build upon one another to deepen our understanding of the mind of Christ. From September –– mid-October, Katie Cooper will be on maternity leave and Bible Study will be suspended.
- High school winter retreat, “Destination Unknown” February 14–15, 2020
- Middle school game night, March 28, 2020
- High school Spring Break mission trip to Dalton, April 6–9, 2020
- Middle school summer retreat tentatively June 22–26, 2020
- High school summer retreat tentatively July 6–11, 2020
For more information email Damon Scharf