We Have Resumed Corporate Worship
Members, regular attenders, and visitors alike are welcome to join us on Sunday at 11AM and 6 PM.
As we worship in person, we will employ the reasonable safety protocols below. Your cooperation helps all our deacons who will be seeking to manage these aspects. We wish to ask every attender to review these and follow them.
Sunday School, Nursery, and Children’s Ministry begin at 9:45 a.m.
- Please try to arrive 10-15 minutes early so as to avoid lines. Our organist will begin playing an instrumental Prelude of familiar hymns for your reflection and meditation at 10:50 AM.
- As you enter, masks, gloves, and sanitizer will be available. We also encourage you to bring your own protective gear and to self-check temperatures.
- Please do not congregate (especially indoors), even though the habit will be hard to limit.
- Offering plates will not be passed but will be available in the Narthex, as you enter or exit.
- The balcony is open.
- Please do not linger or gather in the Narthex; visiting should only take place outside. Please allow others to exit with plenty of spatial distancing.
Do, please help us as we joyfully resume worship.
We continue to advise each person to take the best precautions one can for the health of himself and his family. If you are medically at risk or concerned about other family members that could be so affected, we recommend caution and perhaps waiting a bit longer before returning. In addition, the Livestream will continue (along with the worship bulletin posted) for those who choose to continue to shelter in place.
If you missed any “From Your Pastor” posts, click the button below.
GROCERY DELIVERIES FOR MIDWAY SENIORS
Your deacons are seeking to express care for our own body (Gal. 6:10) by offering a food delivery ministry to Midway Seniors—defined as over-60. There is no need to risk a grocery visit if not necessary, and please let your church serve you in this time. For the next 30 days at least:
1. The Diaconate Mercy Ministry has approved helping any Midway members who wish to have a grocery order dropped at their porch. If you already have or can create a pick up order account from a nearby Walmart or Kroger, please do so. Then let Mr. George Taylor or any of your pastors or deacons know of your order, and we’ll seek to pick up and deliver that order to your porch.
2. Volunteers or fine young college students from Midway will drive to a grocery pickup to retrieve your order when notified and deliver it to a Senior’s porch.
3. Seniors may order from Walmart Grocery or Kroger (or other vendors if preferred) and pay for their grocery order themselves online, if technically able; under this option, no funds exchange hands.
4. Or if seniors do not have technical capability, they may contact George Taylor or any deacon—and an order for your groceries, as far as available, could be placed by George, with the receipt presented to the Senior for reimbursement upon delivery. In other words, if folks are not accustomed to online ordering, our diaconate will do that for them and all funds flow through the deacons mercy ministry.
George Taylor is the primary contact person. You may reach him or text him at: 770-722-1579 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.